SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
k8orlando2

Sewing or Football???

K8Orlando
12 years ago

It's not quilted, but I'm very happy to have completed the top (40"x40") for the donation quilt. I did the center mariners' compass last weekend, then added the borders this weekend. The sun face images are from a Laurel Burch panel called Celestial Dreams. I was actually done in time to join the neighbor's for their superbowl party this evening.

Searching through my stash, I found a pretty multicolor batik that will work for the backing. There won't be much room to spare but there's enough. I'll use up every scrap of the yellow fabric for the binding too, but again, there's just enough to do it.

If I'm really diligent I might even get it done before Friday when the ALS group has their next fundraising. We're working out the details on how to do the quilt raffle and aren't ready to start it yet, but it would be fun to bring it to the Walk to show everyone.

The colors in the picture came out a little dark. The two inner borders and the first two dark stripes in the outer triangles are blue and purple. In the picture it just looks like one black stripe. I'll post a better picture when it's all done.

Kate

{{!gwi}}

Comments (22)