SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jockewing

Ceiling Fan Catastrophe!

15 years ago

The motor in the ceiling fan in my bedroom just went dead. I really can't sleep comfortably without a fan, so I went shopping.

Out of every single fan at both Lowe's and HD, the ONLY one I could find that takes 4 standard sized bulbs is a cheapie that mounts flush with the ceiling. I don't know if that's gonna look ugly, but I'd rather have the kind that drops a little. It's going in a room with a 9 foot ceiling, so I could live with the flush mount, but would rather not.

Can someone recommend a place or site where I could get a little better fan that takes 4 standard light bulbs? Every single one at Lowes forced you to use candelabra sized bulbs with a 40 watt max! How in the hell is that going to light a nice sized room. The one I have now with 4 regulars is barely adequate. Sometimes this "green" movement goes overboard. I'd love to conserve, but not if I have to live in a cave-like room to do it! I like light! And please, no lamp suggestions--I do have lamps, but I don't feel like having to go around and turn on 2 or 3 lamps every time I go into the room. I like a well lit room!

I did find one decent one on HD's site to order online that says it takes 4 standard bulbs, but when I looked at the same light on a couple of other sites, it said it took candelabra bulbs. Please Help!!!!!

Comments (8)