SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kelleg69

Help with unique situation in girl's room

kelleg69
15 years ago

I am building a house. My builder is known for putting in "secret spaces" or play rooms in his houses. Well, both my kids have one. The door to my son's space is a secret bookcase. My daughter has a small dutch door. I need to come up with a fun way to address the little door. It has a door bell and wiring above the door for a light. My daughter is 10 and not totally girlie-girlie. Any thoughts? Her quilts are paisley in bright pink, turquoise, green. She leans a little towards PB Teen looking stuff--not baby stuff. I have been searching for a light for above the door. The best thing I have found was a little crystal thing where the crystals hang down. It is a sconce.

I would like to go for a bit of a Paris look maybe or just a bit of a modern/Bohemian look. We can paint the door a fun color or design. Or we can paint around the door. We could paint a sign saying my daughter's name and lounge. Etc. I would love ideas if you have any or good websites. Thanks.

PS--she will have a chandelier in her bathroom. I am still trying to decide on this. Would love more thoughts...

Comments (4)