SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cnr1089

Lightening Strike Near Pool, need new Pool Lights

cnr1089
12 years ago

Lighting hit near our pool. A bunch of our pool's equipment breakers flipped (and some burned out). The only pool equipment that was damaged, was the pool lights. They are ColorLogic LED lights (I don't know the exact model number).

The pool company is going to come out to replace them next week. They don't know the cost yet.

Now, the question. How much should I expect to pay for this (obviously labor charges could vary). It pains me to have to pay "retail" for these lights, plus install charge. I would rather buy them online myself and have them install (if possible)..I know this is going to be expensive...

So, what is a reasonable price for replacement for the bulbs? Can these lights just have their bulbs replaced (if so, how much)?

Also, is this a faulty install if the lights can be affected by lightening strikes? Or is all the "bonding" to prevent humans from being struck through pool equipement/water?

Thanks,

Chris

BTW, this all happened this morning. The pool is relatively new (finished building in October, then shut down for the winter).

Comments (11)