SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cozyplace_gw

Torn between 2 color schemes. Please give input

cozyplace
10 years ago

Hi. I am in the middle of a move. New home will have an open floor plan. Kitchen opens to family room & dining room. Cognac color cabinets (med/dark), wood floors (also med/dark) light/med granite and very light backsplash.

My colors now are greens, reds, little yellow. I had a French country love at one time. I still am drawn to those colors.

However, I also love the beach and am moving 2 miles from it. I have started over the past few years to re-do bedrooms & bathroom in blues. When I move one spare bd will have light/med blue and white quilt and white furniture. 2nd bed will be navy/red comforters on twin beds and navy, red stripe and checked pillows and valance.

So, what to do about family room and kitchen. Hard to give up my accessories in greens/reds/yellow, but really love the blues and seashells and lighter coloring. Oh, and my dining set is white with med/dark green coverings that I re-did few years back. New sectional will be a sandy/oatmeal/tan color.

OK, so what's a girl to do?? Any sites you can recommend? I need panels in the kitchen over my slider. And a coordinating valance or panels in DR since 2 rooms are adjacent. I truly love both styles.

Comments (9)