SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lmalm53_gw

Input on Kitchen Remodel Color Scheme and Samples

lmalm53
15 years ago

Just started the remodel process on our 19 year old kitchen. Will plan to keep our original custom cherry cabinetry and will not be doing any structural changes to the room. But will be replacing all appliances, formica countertops, old tile backsplash, wall paper, light fixtures, sinks and faucets. While I liked my floral wallpaper and pastel colors 19 years ago I am ready to update the color scheme to more earthy, warm tones and with a little more upbeat and modern look. Still want the kitchen to feel warm and inviting though, not totally high tech or ultra contemporary.

Would appreciate any feedback on my photobucket album which shows the original kitchen with new appliance, granite, sink and faucet choices. Haven't decided on the backsplash yet but have some samples in the album that I'm thinking might work.

Also need ideas about what to do with the old custom wood light box currently over my island. Want to upgrade lighting but not sure if I should remove the light box or just rework it with new fixtures.

I find myself second guessing my choices already. Especially getting a little worried that my granite might be a little too "busy", but its too late now...contract is signed. So looking for other opinions on the backsplash, paint and lighting options while I still have time to play around with those items.

Thanks for any comments. Not looking for compliments... appreciate honest opinions and suggestions at this point. :)

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!