SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lmalm53_gw

Starting Powder Room Mini- Remodel (PICS) - Need Input Please

lmalm53
15 years ago

Hello Bathroom Experts!

I am posting for the first time here after being a Kitchen forum regular this past summer. My kitchen is 90% done and my focus is now on the powder room which is in the kitchen area. Could really use some input and suggestions! This will be a "mini" remodel of the powder room, plan on removal of outdated pastel wallpaper, painting with new color scheme, new light fixture, new mirror, new faucet and bath accessories.

My original 1989 color scheme for the whole house was pastel pink and blue (Ugh!...liked it at the time:)) I am now moving towards natural earth tones, somewhat rustic "Tuscan" old world type color scheme at least in the kitchen area.

Here are some pics to give you an idea of the location of the powder room to the kitchen and some pics of potential mirrors, light fixtures and faucets just so you can visualize a little better what I'm trying to do.

Here is my new kitchen as it is today 90% done, still need to paint the walls and get some window treatments.

Here is a pic showing the powder room just off the kitchen area.

Here is a pic of the powder room layout and current old decor.

This framed picture is new and I am using it just to help visualize the direction I am going for color scheme in the powder room. Want to get some warm earth tones with maybe some reddish accents, hopefully this will blend better with the new kitchen colors.

I really want to get an arched top mirror that is larger and more of a focal point than the old oval mirror. I have a long hallway from the bedroom area to the kitchen area in which the powder room is directly in your line of sight as you walk down the hall. Since I have the arched windows in the kitchen I was hoping to follow thru with the same arch theme with the mirror. Problem is I am having trouble finding an arch mirror with the same finish as my cabinets which are a dark cherry/med mahogany. I found 2 possible mirrors which may work but need input. I don't think the wood finish has to match exactly but should be complimentary to the other colors in the room. What do you all think of these 2 choices? Pros and cons?

Erica Arch Mirror - antique bronze finish with 5" frame border and beading detail. 30x42 size

Bassett Furniture Fletcher Arch Mirror - 3" frame border with no detailing, plain "wood" finish 30 x 42 size

I want to get rid of all the polished brass fixtures in the powder room and go to either ORB or Tuscan/Rustic bronze finishes. Am considering two Price Pfister faucet models now and will try to find similar finished towel racks and accessories.

Marielle Rustic Bronze Faucet

Avalon Tuscan Bronze Faucet

My new lighting fixtures in the kitchen are from the Duchess line of Quoizel. I was thinking to keep with the same line for the fixture in the powder room which basically gives me two choices. Of course I suppose I don't have to be restricted to the same style fixure in the powder room but what do you all think would look good with an arched mirror? I have no options to move to side lights because of no room on the right side of the mirror. So will have to be overhead lights.

Duchess 2 Light Fixture

Duchess Sconce Fixture

My kitchen and powder room will have all wallpaper removed and new paint applied before Christmas. Just trying to decide what to purchase now in the way of powder room updates. Have not picked paint colors yet but have a general idea of where I'm headed. Would like opinions, suggestions or general input from you all. Am I mixing up too many styles or colors? Strong opinions one way or the other about my current possible choices?

Appreciate any comments!

Comments (6)