SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kacram

Son got a new job. Did I tell you?

kacram
11 years ago

I know I asked for you all to cross your fingers. He had two interviews the same day, one in Seattle and one in Tacoma, for the same job opening for the state of Washington. He said that the Seattle interview was awful. lol They never looked him in the eye, had some kind of attitude against him and were quite rude. There were 6 people across the table from him and only one man asked the questions. The others just stared at their papers. He got to the Tacoma one an hour and a half early and just got more prepared. He called afterwards and said he aced it. I guess he did, because they called and offered him the job and offered him a permanent job right a way. Out of 40 that they interviewed, they hired 12 and only 4 or 6 got permanent jobs! Yea! A pay raise for DH too, we were paying cobra insurance for the kid at 500 bucks a month! He now has benefits. woohoo!

The personal training job that he was doing is one of the reasons that he did so well in the interviews. He isn't a big talker. He learned so much as a personal trainer. he had to sell products, memberships and training sessions with his self. So he had to sell himself!~ It was an awesome learning experience. I'm very proud of him. In this economy, it's taken him a long time after graduating, but he kept plugging away! yea! And thanks for crossing your fingers!

Comments (26)