SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prairiemoon2

Help with a quick set up above ground pool?

Hi,

We brought home one of those supposedly 'quick set' pools. It is a 14ft diameter pool. First problem we noticed when we opened the box, was that you have to put the whole filter together and there is a large instruction booklet to do that.

I thought this was going to be easy?!

Next, I had heard that you have to have a very level area and we do have a cement paver patio that is as level as any other area of our yard. It is about 15ft square so it would just about fit. The concern I have is that I wonder if the sharp edges of the pavers could put a hole in the pool. Someone suggested we lay down cardboard under the pool to prevent this. Is this a good idea?

After these concerns are addressed and provided we are able to put the filter together, I guess next would be filling the 'rim' with air, which shouldn't be a problem, if we can find our electric air pump. Then I imagine you just lay out the pool and fill it. Attach the ladder and filter.

There were no overall directions for setting up the pool except for on the outside of the box. Only detailed directions for the filter and ladder. I hope this is right.

Another concern, is that the patio area that is level enough is directly behind our garage and very close to the house. I am concerned that if there was an accident of some kind, the water coming out of the pool could flood our basement. Is this something I really should be worrying about or not?

Last concern, is that I would like to avoid chlorine if I can. I seem to remember a neighbor had an above the ground pool that had some kind of natural chemicals that were supposed to be better for you. Anyone know anything about this?

So, if there is anyone out there that has some knowledge or tips about how we can go about this as easily as possible, I would be very grateful, as we are completely inexperienced and doing projects like this is not usually easy for us.

Thanks very much :-) pm2

Comments (3)