SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karpet_gw

How are your personal quilting challenges going?

karpet
14 years ago

Here we are mid Feb. and I just started this week on my goals for '10. (had to finish up a top from '09 first) Well, I've cut into my melon/peach fabric from 15 yrs ago and am pretty excited about the accompanying fabric that will be with it in a 2 color quilt, but my other challenge is to try and do 2 quilts at one time, so the 2nd one is also cut out and when I look at the fabric that will accompany it I find myself hoping that it will turn out okay. With the melon/peach one, I've had an idea of what fabric I wanted to use with it and my DD agreed with that choice, so I've had the 2 fabrics sitting out next to each other since Jan. and the more I look at them, the more I like them. With the 2nd quilt, the main color will by a light peach, and I thought I would put one color with it, but when I went to get it so I could start cutting, I found that I didn't have enough, so I grabbed another fabric that will be a really unusual choice. I had thought of the second fabric as a possibility - got the idea from the color of winter sunsets - now that it is cut and sewing has started, I'm wondering how it will turn out. That second choice was definitely more of an emotional, mood-driven choice. Are your emotional choices spot-on, or do you get better results from analyzing your choices? (Let's just say that the color combo I picked would NOT have shown up on that color harmonizer!)

Karlene

(See, I warned you I could write essays!)

Comments (5)