SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mexicomarti

Official Voting Thread- It's Not Easy Being Green Challenge Quilt

17 years ago

The voting on this challenge quilt is open to all forum members. The entries have been truly magnificent, so you will certainly have a tough time making a decision.

You are voting on how well the quilt fulfills the theme of 'Not Easy Being Green", originality and workwomanship.

The entries are presented in alphabetical order as they appear in my image hosting site. Although many of you sent multiple pictures, I am only posting multiples if they show different aspects of the quilt. My apologies to any participants who feel I have shortchanged either their explanation or number of pictures posted, and feel free to add more pics or more 'blurb' if you so desire.

Let the drooling begin!

Amy In Southern California, New2Quilting

Someday..." It's not easy being a little green caterpillar surrounded by beautiful colorful butterflies. But Someday... she will be a beautiful butterfly, too.

It measures approx. 42" x 42". The blocks are crayon colored muslin, the butterfly design is from an online coloring book page. I designed the caterpillar myself. It is machine pieced and quilted. This is my second completed quilt. I only started sewing this year!

{{gwi:2041760}}

{{gwi:2041761}}

Caroline.

When I started mine I was thinking of the song "A Tisket a Tasket a Green and Yellow Basket" This was a challenge !!! First off , I had little choice in greens ,,,I was wishing for spring when I started ,and as I do NOT have a green thumb, and cant bend down to garden, this is how I plant my flowers.

The quilting was done while I was in the hospital, and visiting my mom in the hospital, and while in the carÂbut I finally got it done.

{{gwi:2041762}}

Jennifer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpiIWMWWVco

Here he is. Surrounded by little lady frogs (so he won't be lonely anymore)! The first phrases of the song are free-hand quilted around the border and his name is quilted below his portrait. Himself is made of felt machine appliqued with a black satin stitch.

I forget the overall size now...it's 38" x something (48" maybe).

{{gwi:2041763}}

Kathy Sequin (Bon)

"It isn't easy being green" is Kermit the Frogs theme

song!! So I thot of frogs and what is hard about their

lives. It's gotta be tough being stuck on the ground

and watching your dinner flying around way up there

outta reach!!

This measures 43"x43" and I used fusible web, 3-D

fabric paint, thread and a rainbow of permapens.

{{gwi:2041764}}

Lucy Hoerle

"While I was planning the fabrics and flowers to use in this wall hanging and starting the cutting for it, Marti came up with the challenge. I was looking forward to having a bright and spring-like quilt to hang in my hall and since I had already purchased the Garden Trellis book by Eleanor Burns, I thought this would be what I would enter. My plans were not to quilt it with green thread originally, but since green was the challenge, I added the tendril quilting and I really liked the results. I am very happy that I did that now. This challenge had me work "out of the box" and develop more creativity and probably something that I would not have done otherwise."

{{gwi:2041765}}

Maggie Sue

"It's not easy being green, among all of the beautiful fall colors!"

{{gwi:2041766}}

Marti in Mexico

Of course, my first thought was Âwhy did I get myself into this?Â, and my second thought was Kermit, and my third thought was leaves. But I wanted to push my creativity more, think differently, come up with something different. I finally came up with this. The materials are quilting fabrics, felt, glue and pipecleaners, and the batting is felt. I machine-quilted, and since neither I nor my machine are any too good at that, the quilting is not so hot, but I didnÂt have time to hand quilt it.

{{gwi:2041767}}

Kay (Quiltdiva)

Kay wrote a darling and long story of Roberta and the life journey of her first and favorite bra, and its transformations as Roberta's life morphs and changes. But since I was trying to keep this part relatively short, my apologies to Kay for the deeply abbreviated version.

{{gwi:2041768}}

Sally Frickey

My first thought upon hearing "itÂs not easy being green" turned to Kermit the Frog and his little song on the Muppets. So I knew IÂd have a frog and heÂd be the only green on front of the quilt.

My first chore was to make my frog. I drew my own paper piece pattern because I could not find one the size or look I wanted. This was probably my toughest chore. Thru trial and error (lots of error) I made my frog in a pond. I placed a little ladybug on his knee and gave him wiggly eyes bygluing them down with temporary glue so they can be removed for washing the wall hanging. I made 6-inch sky blocks with butterflies, dragonflies and bumblebees.

I paper pieced my first butterfly but decided I could get a better variety by using an appliqué technique. I used Heat & Bond Lite to hold them in place; then sewed them down with a small zigzag stitch. I used black

embroidery thread and a stem stitch and French knots to make their antenna. I made 33 blocks with butterflies, dragonflies and bumblebees of various sizes and colorsÂblue, yellow, gold, red, purple but not green. I set them together with the frog at the bottom in his pond.

I then added a sky blue border with selected words from the song embroidered around 3 sides and gave Kermit credit for the Song.

ItÂs not easy being greenÂ

it could nicer being red or yellow or goldÂ

but green is the color of SpringÂ

I am green itÂs beautifulÂ

itÂs what I want to be.

Kermit

I used a thin batting and quilted it on the sewing machine with lines radiating from the frog making him the center attraction. I also used one stitch randomly to hold my quilt together. Very hard to see but I free handed a few musical notes on the border to go with the song. The back is a field of flowers where my little friends live. I bound it with the same floral fabric. I did put a sleeve on the back to hang it with. My overall dimensions are 42" X 42".

{{gwi:2041769}}

{{gwi:2041770}}

Rene

For years I collected figures of frogs, so it was natural to think green, is frogs. I used various forms to create action, size to emphasize the frog as main character. I used wording to create messages of spring, sort of comic book style, All tongue in cheek . Hope all enjoy the humor.

{{gwi:2041771}}

{{gwi:2041772}}

Cheryl

This quilt is inspired by the children?s book The Very

Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. It is

representational, and chronicles his journey from egg

to butterfly.

He figures out, through trial and error, what is good

for a caterpillar and what isn't. It's not easy being

green, but it's worth it.

The undulating greens on the front--along with the

multi-yellow outline--evoke the red-headed

caterpillar.

The circles are specific colors are the foods the very

hungry caterpillar tries as he searches for the

perfect one. Monday: he tries a red apple; Tuesday:

pears; Wednesday: plums; Thursday: strawberries;

Friday: oranges; Saturday: a lot of different--mostly

junk foods, and gets a stomachache; Sunday: one green

leaf.

The colorful backing is the butterfly that the

caterpillar eventually becomes. The binding is called

caterpillar binding, and incorporates faux chenille.

{{gwi:2041773}}
{{gwi:2041774}}
{{gwi:2041775}}

Comments (67)

• 17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I had to look at all these a third, and a fourth time, really hard to choose one! But my vote goes to Bon. Good job, ladies!!

• 17 years ago

Can the contestants vote too???? If so, mine goes to Bon....love the Morning Glories!!!!!

• Related Discussions

It's The 'I Like Tony' Thread

Q

Comments (46)
    Looks like I am always late to the game here. Tony cracks me up online. His pictures make me salivate. I just know he is keeping some amazing fetilizer secret from us. And best of all he is very nice in person as well. He is also smart enough to bring the lovely Marybeth and her yummy food to the swaps. There's nothing like homemade buns. Yum! I have to warn you all though, he is very sneaky. I tried to drive away from a swap one day and he grabbed the side door of the van, as we were driving away screaming "no plants". He said "just take this one" as he is jamming a plant into the car as we were driving away. Generous, funny, and he has great taste in women.
    ...See More

Question about our yearly 'color' challenge

Q

Comments (13)
    Vicky always gives us lots of time to work on the color challenge so for those who want to join in all of the things going on this year I think it's still possible to fit them all in. One of the great things about this challenge, and the seasonal one as well, is that there isn't a size limitation. If you want to make a mini quilt or a dog bed or a birdcage cover, this could be your chance! One of the most popular items from the black/white was a gorgeous tote bag. The possibilities really are endless.
    ...See More

And the Challenge Quilt Winner IS.....

Q

Comments (19)
    Congrats Bon!! Your quilt is truly deserving and such a work of art! So what are you going to buy with all that prize money I'm sure Marti is offering? A winter home in Key West? Yacht? Hummer? I agree with Kathi, all are winners to challenge ourselves and thank you, Marti, for this challenge to push our creativity. I look forward to the next one. You did a great job! Kay
    ...See More

Color Help!!! Argh!!! Vote needed.

Q

Comments (29)
    Hi All! If any one of you die hards is still interested in this thread, I've put a couple of coats on the back of my cabinet with the color I chose for the outside of the cabinets, Simply White (BM Aura). I also went on a field trip to Ikea to pick up a couple of things, and I ran across some very pretty Duck Egg Blue dishes, one of my other very favorite blues. I picked up a bowl and a dish, just to see how the color looked. I love it. DH would still like me to try a gray, but as I said, he's coming with me. I don't think I could face it alone. In the meantime, I am going to keep my eye open for two Duck-Egg-Blue serving pieces - I think that this will tie in nicely with the blue in the tile, (the duck egg is more bluish than gray - Ikea calls it turquoise, but I don't think it is quite so bright). Funny thinking that a serving piece can help to tie in colors. Now if I can just get the walls right! Smiles, Hestia ps, thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I'll post some photos when the cabinet dries - need to drag dh to the paint store first. Here is a link that might be useful: Blue Bowl
    ...See More
  • 17 years ago

All of these entries are so creative! It's hard to pick just one. But in the end, I am drawn to the quilt made by New2Quilting. I identify with the green caterpillar, surrounded by beautiful butterflies. I also like the crayon technique.

Very nice, everyone! Thanks for such a wonderful quilt show.

• 17 years ago

Wow, I've been sitting here looking back and forth and back again. They're all great...and truly each is a "one of a kind" work of art. Since I can only vote for one, I'll pick Amy's caterpillar/butterfly. Marti, this was a great idea--I enjoyed seeing them all and being able to vote.

Linda

• 17 years ago

Well, as others said, Marti's made me laugh, too and I love it! But my vote goes to Bon - I love the details in the central picture, and the mitered borders are VERY impressive!

Great job, everyone!

Donna

• 17 years ago

What great quilts!
    Love the bras, the frogs are great and Marti, the poor green pinwheel, well what can I say! LOL
    But my overall favorite is Amy's. No, Maggies.
    Ok, Amy's. no, Maggies is my favorite.
    Oh crap, I can't decide.......eenie meenie miney moe....

I pick Amy!

• 17 years ago

What a lovely bunch of quilts. It's hard to pick just one!

Right now I have a thing about frogs! I have several living in my carport. I don't mind the croking, I can live with that but if they don't move their bathroom someplace else they are going to die! Also mating time is here and I have a pot of water lillies where they love to lay their eggs! I know I personally killed at least a million eggs and tadpoles last year so I am just going to put the lillies in the lake this year and be done with it! Forgive my rant but there is one just peaking out at me and laughing this morning! Frogs as big as your fist are not cute!

So "You are voting on how well the quilt fulfills the theme of 'Not Easy Being Green", originality and workwomanship"
    My vote is going to Marti! What a cleaver original idea!

The leaves and butterflies are a close second.
    The bras are a riot! The rest of them took a lot of work and are lovely! Bon, I can't imagine doing all that work!

I'm sorry I couldn't enter. My idea as soon as this was announced was to make a dessert scene with all the muted colors and then to put one bright green catus in the center.
    I'm not up to that kind of work yet and maybe not ever.

Thank you all the participants for sharing with us.

• 17 years ago

This is a really hard decision. I chose Rene's quilt. I love everything it has in it and it is a great conversation piece. Those flowers are fantastic. If my husband is allowed to cast his vote he votes for Kathy (Bon). He wants one just like it! I just laughed cause I dont like applique!

Stephanie

• 17 years ago

Thanks for the link to Kermit, Jennifer. Your comments make me think we think alike. Uh Oh.
    Everyone did a fabulous job. So many different ideas although I think Jennifer and I knew our topic. :)

AMY--Love your idea -love your quilt.

CAROLINE-So my style. Love the yo yo centers in your flowers.

JENNIFER-Girl after my own heart. Like Kermit's lady friends.

BON- Takes my breathe away. You're obviously a great artist.

LUCY- So pretty and your quilting is superb!

MAGGIE SUE-Those leaves are literally floating.

MARTI-You made me laugh with your "out of the box" quilt.

KAY-Please share your story of Roberta-maybe in Conversations. I'd really like to hear it. Your bras are wonderful!

RENE-So much work. I felt like I was in the garden listening to the conversation.

CHERYL-I love that little book, too. Really great quilt.

I need some practice in taking Pics. Mine looks so washed out but it's not in person.
    Thanks, Marti for doing this;it was so much fun. Everyone who participated is a winner!!

Sally

• 17 years ago

This is hard to pick just one! They are all so great - congrats, ladies - you did a wonderful job!
    I have to vote for Bon's, just because it touched my heart - poor lil froggy looking up at his dinner! LOL

• 17 years ago

Oh my goodness! They are all wonderful and I just can't vote for one so I won't vote at all if the challengers are allowed anyway. I see a piece of each of our hearts in these quilts and that's what makes them so special. I hope you don't mind if I make a short comment on each one (seeing as how I'm so mouthy and don't use much self-control.)

1. Amy - The most beautiful crayon quilt I ever have seen. The time and patience it took to create such a sweet and beautiful quilt. I see your quilt as representing all things born new and the hopes of a future fulfilled in every way. But we must wait for all good things to come to us in due time.

2. Caroline - With all the trials and tribulations you've had this year, I hope your quilt gave you some comfort as you were creating it because I see a lot of warmth, love, and comfort in it. As one that can't garden like I used to but still enjoy flowers I understand that there are many kinds of gardens in our lives.

3. Jennifer - Of course! Who could resist the original author of It Isn't Easy Being Green. Gotta love Kermit for his preserverence as he always had a positive attitude. We should all remember to be more like him in our own lives.

4. Bon - You captured it, my girl! And what a beautiful job you did. Your artwork is stunning and I think you captured the very essence of frogdom. The saying, patience of Job is good but the patience of a frog is awesome!. In the summer, little green frogs land on the panes in my patio door at night where insects are attracted to the lights in the living room. I have seen these little frogs sitting dead still for hours on end trying to catch their supper. Girl, you need to show off your talent more often.

5. Lucy - Good for you for daring to step out of your comfort zone! For me, I allow the fear of making mistakes to keep me from trying something new. It's foolish because I think of all the things I've missed with that kind of thinking. I have that pattern too (haven't done it yet, tho) and I think El would be so proud of what you did. It's truly beautiful!

6. Maggie - I feel you have told a very soul-searching story in your lovely quilt. You dare to point out that among the most beautiful of the beautiful in our world, there's those of us that struggle to fit in and be accepted among so-called ideals of modern society. I'm so touched by the message I think your quilt conveyed.

7. Marti - What a hoot! You certainly didn't disappoint me. I feel the same message goes in your quilt as Maggie's does but you put a sense of humor to yours telling me it's okay to laugh at myself and not to take life or myself so seriously. You definitely were thinking outside the box, or is that block? :-D

8. Moi - Yes, my story was waaaayyyy too long but once my fingers started typing, they wouldn't shut up. My quilt title is, It Isn't Easy Being Green....When You're Roberta's Bra. As Marti said, it's the story of Roberta finding her first bra and loving it so much she did what she had to do to wear it her entire life. From becoming a showgirl, to following the Women's Rights movement to taking belly dancing lessons in her old age, Roberta had a very colorful and full life with no regrets. I want to be just like Roberta and her attitude in my old age.

9. Sally - I also see a determined frog that knows he's special to be green and the only frog in the pond. But he seems puzzled by his choices for dinner and his stratedgy to accomplish it. I see him as telling the world there's so much out there and to go grab it while you can. Life's too short.

10. Rene - Your quilt is the dearest to my heart. When I look at your quilt I imagine going through this field of beautiful giant flowers that opens up to this magical fantasy garden full of special things that talk to me, leading me through a path of wisdom telling me to slow down and enjoy the simple pleasures that surround my everyday life. I just have to stop long enough and open my eyes because it's always been there to discover and enjoy.

11. Cheryl - I feel you took your artistic licence to the highest level with your interpretation of the children's book. You have an exceptionally creative mind and color sense to capture your version of a caterpillar's life. It's definitely thinking outside the box and you dared to put it together in fabric. I also love your use of the chenille. How clever.

Kay....sorry this was long, my fingers wouldn't shut up again.

• 17 years ago

Sally, I'll go find the email I sent Marti and post Roberta's story in Conversations. Like I said, it was waaaay too long for Marti to post with my pic.

Kay

• 17 years ago

Wow, what a great job everyone did. Each is unique and so creative that it's very hard to choose just one. I've looked at each multiple times, trying not to look at how others have voted. Narrowed it to Bon's (poor little froggie in such a beautiful setting) and Kay's (evolution of a first green bra thru Roberta's life--that's hilarious). I vote for ... Kay.

Ginny

• 17 years ago

I'm having a hard time deciding, too. They are all wonderful.

DH came in to have a look and immediately picked Cheryl's quilt for its artistry, which I certainly admit, while I loved the laughs I got from Marti's and Kay's entries (that last bra!--at first I thought it was a vest!). Those were very original. I wish I could have made out all the things written on Rene's entry--a lot of work went into that!

But since I can only have one vote, it goes to Bon for its fitting the theme, and for all the work that went into it, and--last but not least--because I would love to have it on my wall!

• 17 years ago

wow guys did y'all make it hard or what...
    I love Cheryl's butterflies but then there is Kay's & Roberta's bras...so I guess its
    Kay and her Bra's

Nanci
    One month, one week, five days, 23 hours, 10 minutes and 5 seconds. 1718 cigarettes not smoked, saving $262.09. Life saved: 5 days, 23 hours, 10 minutes.

• 17 years ago

I'm voting for Amy's Caterpillar. Somedays I know just how she feels.

• 17 years ago

I've had a hard time deciding because they are all delightful and unique! You ladies are all so talented.
    I vote for Cheryl because of her use of the color green and the symbolism of the caterpillar and I just absolutely love looking at it.
    Kay

• 17 years ago

I just love all of them, and the different interpretations on the theme. It is so difficult to just pick one because of the creativity and TALENT (sooo humbling) in this contest!

But I have to pick Bon's because it fits the theme so well!

• 17 years ago

Man, I didn't think it would be this hard. I gotta vote for Maggie Sue. The leaves were the first things I thought of when I heard about the challenge. Marti, yours is very good, brought a smile to my face.

beverly

• 17 years ago

GOOD JOB LADIES! WOW!!!!!

Too many to pick from! I love the idea of the catepillar waiting to be a butterfly. I would not have thought of that in a million years! And love those crayone butterflies!!!!

So many made me laugh or think...

Ulitmately I'm going to have to vote for Bons! Love that little frog looking up at that beautiful world. And all the different media used it it to arrive at a stunning wall hanging.

• 17 years ago

Every single one is creative and gorgeous! I've been looking and looking, and got it down to my 3 favorites, and got stuck for hours, LOL. But here goes --

I'm going to cast my vote for Cheryl's.

Mary

• 17 years ago

WOW!!WOW!! Love them all and like many others have been having a difficult time choosing one, have returned many times to have one more look before casting a vote.
    My eye keeps returning to Bon's so she gets my vote.
    Congratulations to all of you, I would be proud to hang any of them on my wall. hint, hint...LOL

Aunt Net

• 17 years ago

Wow! They are all wonderful. What an artistic group of ladies! I vote for Cheryl's. Hungry, Hungry Caterpillar is one of my favorite books. Marti has a very cute idea with "out of the box." This was really hard to choose.
    Carolyn

• 17 years ago

They are all beautiful and creative. It's so hard to pick one...I narrowed my choice down to two--Bon and Amy.

Spectacular work, ladies!!!

• 17 years ago

I love Bon's quilt, but each lady has made a wonderful project, we got to do this stuff more often, Rene

• 17 years ago

Do we get to vote if we made one of the quilts? There are so many good ideas--I thought of frogs first, too--but Marti's had me laughing out loud. It reminds me of the pieces in the local art shows in the small town I'm from--very creative and unexpected.
    So, if I get to vote, it's for Marti's.

Cheryl
    ps: Thanks for the kind comments!

• 17 years ago

Everyone should be very proud! All of the quilts are wonderful. I have been looking at all of them all day. Its so hard to choose just one.
    Marti, you also made me laugh out loud.
    I love Kays bras and the story that goes with it.
    If I have to choose just one, I vote for Cheryl. That was my favorite book as a child, and her interpretation was wonderful.

Nina

• 17 years ago

This challenge sure brought out alot of talent! The entries are wonderful. The quilt that I would most like to have is Kay's. What a hoot. a fabulous job in designing something so unique and a great job on the workmanship. I can't imagine the sense of humour you must have to come up with that idea.
    The one that totally had me laughing out loud was Marti's. Great job and so cool.
    Bon. I think you captured the theme very well. Truly a great job.Love the frog looking way up.
    Cheryl, what an artistic mind you must have. Great job on the thought process.
    Jennifer, I have to say that I was thinking just like you and could't get Kermit off my mind.

I have returned to this thread 3 times and just couldn't decide.Very hard to pick just one but I am going to go with Kay's. I think it's so original, and well done (love the embelishments) Love the thought process, and am envious of her talents.

• 17 years ago

As a school Library Assistant I have to pick Amy's. They are all wonderful so I took the easy way out.. grace

• 17 years ago

I cannot pick! I've been looking over it all day.

Amy- you did wonderful. ONLY YOUR SECOND QUILT! Ladies, we need to watch out for her!!LOL

Caroline- that is the kind of quilt I would have done. It is beautiful and a little traditional. My kind of style.
    Well done.

Jennifer- I wish I could have had that as a child. I loved Kermit and nobody did anything with Kermit the Frog in pink. That would have been so great. I really like it.

Kathy- I'm jealous of your talent. That is something I could never do

Lucy- OMG!! I would never ever attempt that. It is great and to attempt something completely new for a challenge, OMG!!

Maggie- I don't so much like fall, but I love the colors of fall (call me crazy). The leaves are something that would fit right in my house.

Kay and Marti- LOL. That is all I can say! You guys are really creative.

Sally- very beautiful. That would make a perfect baby quilt.

Rene- I so get it..LOL. I love it!!

Cheryl- you definately have a wonderful creative side. I love how you took the book and went with the idea.

Since I can't pick, DH said to vote for Marti because he cracked up laughing at it.

Lynette

• 17 years ago

WOW this is a hard choice!
    I've been staring at these all day
    and I'm voting for Marti's because every time
    I see it I crack up and I really love to laugh!
    Bon
    :)

• 17 years ago

First congratulations to all the entries for your excellent designs and workmanship...the choice was very difficult.

My pick is Cheryl...your design using the many greens is delightful and using circles to depict the different foods is very original. The stripes and chenille really add the sparkle.
    Jean

• 17 years ago

Crikey! How to choose. There's so much talent here. They're all so different.
    Marti's made me shriek with laughter but my vote goes to Bon for the sheer beauty of that quilt.

• 17 years ago

I LOVE them all! The talent and creativity is amazing. I might just have to participate in the next challenge...

My vote goes to Maggie Sue - if you redecorate and need to find a home for your beautiful creation - let me know - LOL!

Marie in Michigan

• 17 years ago

This is really hard, I really like Bon's and Lucy's and Marti's made me laugh out loud.

But Cheryl's gets my vote, because I loooove that book, and without reading the blurb, I knew what it was about!

~ Kit

• 17 years ago

I've looked at them all several times and I am inspired by them all...but the one I keep going back to and going WOW WOW WOW is Bon's. So my vote - Bon

Nicki

• 17 years ago

Yesterday i couldn't make up my mind,as thay all are lovely.

Today i narrowed it down to 1st place to Bon,and 2nd to Amy's crayon butterfly quilt.JMO
    Kathi

• 17 years ago

BUMP - nearly falling off page.

• 17 years ago

I can't decide..hehehe

• 17 years ago

Ok. It took me days to decide. They are all lovely and very innovative.

My vote is for Amy's crayon quilt. (Amy, you may have to change your name from New2Quilting to something more appropriate since you are now a pro!)

Also, Thanks to Marti for coming up with such an interesting theme.

Vasu

• 17 years ago

When I first saw all the other gorgeous entries I felt a little like my green caterpillar surrounded by all the beautiful butterflies! I love all the interpretations and everyone did an amazing job! I'm so honored just to be in this group and thank you Marti for coming up with such a fun idea that really brought out a lot of creativity and individuality from everyone. And THANKS to all who voted for me! Your support and kind words mean so much! --Amy

• 17 years ago

Marti,
    Are you going to tally up votes?
    Red

• 17 years ago

Wow, I just can't choose one.Since I can only vote for one it will have to be Marti.It just made me laugh.
    Trudy

• 17 years ago

Oh gosh, they are all so wonderful! I love Kay's bras and Marti's is just hilarious! Since we have to pick just one it's gonna have to be Bon's--beautiful job!

Melissa

• 17 years ago

Well I have been looking for days now. And I think I have made my choice.

I kept getting drawn back to Bon's quilt. So my vote goes to Bon.

You all did such a wonderful job. I didn't even think of kermit the frog. My idea was actually a little brown monkey in a big green rain forest. But because of the move I just didn't have time to put it together.

Amy

• 17 years ago

Voting ends tomorrow night. I want to make sure everyone has had a chance to see this and mull over their choice and post their final vote.

I will tally the votes and post the totals on Sunday morning.

Marti in Mexico

• 17 years ago

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Who WON???? Marti some of us are too old to be kept in the dark so long!!!!!! LOL
    Kathi

• 17 years ago

I love them all and choosing one is very hard to do. Marti's quilt makes me laugh when I think about the theme so I will vote for Marti's quilt.
    Linda OH

• 17 years ago

the voting is now officially closed. See new thread for results.

Marti in Mexico

• 17 years ago

Darn!!! I missed voting by 20 minutes!!

Dial-up is so slow. I looked yesterday morning but timed out and I could only see about 4 pictures. I logged on tonight and was able to see everyone's but ran out of time to vote!!

You all did a wonderful job but the one that I would have voted for was Bon's. The artistry and workmanship are fantastic.

Mary