SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
remodelfla

Please help again with layout challenge

remodelfla
15 years ago

I know I have a millionth finalized layout... HOWEVER; DH said the other day that he was thinking about pushing back the wall that connects the old laundry room to the garage. We had just recently tweaked the layout when he finally agreed to move the circuit panel. Background is that he enclosed the garage initally without a permit and is catching flack. We applied for one but would have to do alot of things we're not planning on for awhile. I had thought he wanted to use the garage room as a real music room but he told me he really only intended to store his equipement there; not practice there. So now he wants to put back up a garage door and just needs a portion of the single car garage to store equipment. I can have the rest for laundry, pantry, whatever. I'm at a loss and want to see if I can come up with a more functional open layout then I have. It's hard to explain but I'll try. Here's the latest of the layouts with the circuit panel moved netting me a little more space:

The only thing I can't remove is 40" of wall space on frig run which backs onto the air handler. For anyone who was with this from way back, that means I could have the option of the more open floor plan that I tried long ago. I could leave the wall up (all or part)next to the 40" I must leave or not. The only thing I'd like to keep is the basic area where the plumbing is for the sink run which overlooks the sunroom. I have my baker's table. It's 71" long and about 30" deep. There is a small window in the middle of the far west wall but it won't impact counters and we could wall it up. I can't add windows anywhere else. I'm open for anything you might see that would improve on the above layout.

Let me end by saying that I'm not at all unhappy with the galley layout. I just am trying to see if by pushing back the wall I have options that I'm just too confused to see. Rhome... don't kill me. When he offered me up more space; I jumped on it without hesitation. Here's a very very basic idea of what I'd have with these changes. I drew some stuff but it's slightly inaccurate with powerpoint as I can't get exact inches. I'm not worried about cabs/fillers cause he's going to build them so stock sizes don't matter.

If I end up with what I already have... that's great. I just want to see if you see any other possibilites. I'm a function over form kind of girl and lean toward a contemporary uncluttered look (aka: prefer not to have heavy walls of cabinetry)

Thanks in advance.

Elyse

Comments (43)