SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kellienoelle

Backsplash help - after granite install this time (pics)!

kellienoelle
12 years ago

Now that cabinets and counters are in, I am ready to make a final decision on the backsplash. I had requested help before (link below), but you get a much better idea when everything else is in place. I have a few options for which I am in the need of opinions. Here is an overall so you know what I am working with

Here is what I am thinking, I like the 3"x12" cream tiles. In the photos, one of the tiles is matte, one is polished. Unfortunately the polished one is almost twice the cost of the matte, so we'll probably be going matte (the one on the top). The other tiles are the Sonoma creamy crackle and come in a 3"x8" size so are a "backup" option, but I think that I like the others a little better. I was going to put in the Sonoma Tantrum Crushed Glass Slivers as an accent tile, still working out the pattern but probably two of the cream tiles, two rows of the glass tile, two of the cream, two of the glass, two of the cream.

So, questions.....first, should I do the cream tiles stacked or staggered? I know that the stacked would be a more contemporary look, and I am cool with that in the backsplash.

Second, colors - they have so many awesome colors and here are the ones that we are looking at:

Pewter

Green Tea

River

Earth

And then here are a couple just laid on the granite for a closer shot

Which do you like the best? We really like the colors of the walls so likely won't be painting.

Third - on the right wall we are putting up two floating shelves (where the blue tape is now). I am thinking of not putting a backsplash over there, thoughts on that?

Fourth - any pattern ideas different from mine?

Thanks for looking!

Here is a link that might be useful: Previous thread

Comments (25)