SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jen_tx

Mother's Day is coming up....

jen_tx
13 years ago

I have a wonderful Mother-in-Law. I know I'm lucky....I've heard some of the MIL horror stories. Mine is a jewel. She's told me before how glad she is to have me for a daughter-in-law and I've told her thank you for raising such a great son so we are in each others admiration corner! LOL

We don't give big presents for Mother's Day, partly because we live 5 hours away and also because she's 87 and has pretty much all she wants/needs. I have given her gift cards to restaurants and pots of flowers. She liked it when I gave her "coupons" for chores we'd do when we come to visit but we'd do the odd jobs for her anyway. I've made big batches of spaghetti and taco meat and frozen them in small portions for easy meals for them.

I'd just like to know if anyone has any other ideas for a gift for a special mother-in-law. She doesn't need any clothes, knick-knacks or toiletries. I will really dread when she's not around anymore and want to let her know how much she's appreciated. I feel like I'm drawing a blank. Ideas?

Comments (24)