SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
albryant

I've tried a million blues and still can't get it right

albryant
12 years ago

Help please :(

We're redoing the bath and want/need an extra long shower curtain. After much deliberation, DH and I agreed on this one from Restoration Hardware (it won't let me download a pic to embed here)

http://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod1158646&categoryId=cat1870030

Our current bath is Restoration Hardware Atmosphere Blue which DH still loves, but I'm looking for something a little less "baby boy". The Shore color is a little deeper than Atmosphere Blue and really lovely in the very small dose you see on the shower curtain.

So, I've now tried 8 Benjamin Moore Blues plus the actual RH Shore color and none are quite right. The Shore is a bright, in-your-face blue for such a tiny bathroom. Others have been too light, too dark, too green, too gray....

So, the closest that we both actually agree on is BM Nimbus Gray - it's grayer than the curtain stripe, but that's not the part that's bothering me - it's just a little too dark. So then I tried the Silver Gray (one step up on the Color Preview strip) and it's too light.

Is it possible for the store to get between to colors on the Color Preview strip?

Does anyone have any other grayish blues you just love? We'll be repainting the bedroom in the same color and this has been by far harder than picking out all the bathroom fixtures!

Comments (14)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES