SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ontariomom

Does it work if trim colour is warmer white than vanity white?

ontariomom
10 years ago

Hi everyone and Happy Easter and Passover!

After extensive consultation and analysis, the white we are using for our kitchen and great room built-ins is SW Alabaster 7008 (which is quite close to BM White Dove). This white looks best with our counter (Ceasarstone Bianco Drift), fireplace surround, hardwood, etc. Now in the baths, the best white to match with tiles and counters is SW 7004 Snowbound (a brighter white than Alabaster).

With the above in mind, my dilemma is trim colour. I had wanted to match my trim colour to the kitchen cabs and great room built-ins. My doors would also be painted to match the trim colour. We will also have crown molding in certain rooms and above the built-ins and kitchen cabinets which will be in the same trim colour.

My question: Is it okay to carry the SW Alabaster white throughout the house? Will the doors and trim look fine in the baths where the cabinetry (vanities) are SW Snowbound which is a whiter colour of white than Alabaster?

Linked at the bottom are the two whites from SW sites. There is also a photo I took of the two colours (although it is late in the day so the light is not the best). Unfortunately the photo does not show much difference between the whites. However, you will see if you click on the link below and the one in the link box that there is a difference. Does it matter?

Thanks in advance!

Snowbound below:

https://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW7004-snowbound/

Here is a link that might be useful: SW alabaster

Comments (16)