SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amberley_gw

Advice needed on 'reclaimed' marble countertops

amberley
16 years ago

I have an opportunity to buy two sections of marble countertop: one 8'5.5" long and she says 24" deep by 1" thick. The other is 6'9" long and 24" deep 1" thick. I am not sure if these measurements are 100% accurate yet. It is described as "white with caramel veining throughout". I am hoping that they are actually a little deeper than 24".

I have not seen photos yet-the seller is getting them to me hopefully tonight. Story is that she bought her house last year, and the seller had bought them "reclaimed" and had intended to install them but never did. She did granite instead.

My questions are:

Can I find a fabricator who will cut this for me to the size(s) I specify? Can I have it honed as well? (She said it is not super shiny but not honed either). The big one is: can I have these two pieces "laminated" to create a thicker profile??

This would require some creative rejiggling in my concept in my head (see current "chef's table thread"..) but if the marble is what I am after...it may be worth it.

By the way, both pieces are only $200!

I will post pics as soon as she sends them-hopefully someone out there might know what marble it is!!

I think I have become TKO!!

Comments (13)