SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
casey_nfld

Funny Story (re vending machines)

casey_nfld
15 years ago

OK, Sam's post about vending machines reminded me of this story. Feel free to add your own vending machine story!

Last September Joe and I went to London, England for a week's vacation. When we were at the airport waiting for our flight home there was a vending machine in the gate area. I had some British pounds and pence coins, I thought I would get some snacks from the vending machine for the flight since I couldn't change coins back into Canadian money when I got home.

There was a guy using the vending machine so after he was finished I went up and put in my money. This was in a closed room with lots of people waiting for the flight, not a big open space and everyone could see the vending machine. It was the kind of machine where you press a letter and number and the snack falls down from coiled spaces (understand? I'm not explaining it very well).

Anyway, I put in my money and make my choice and the bag of candy only falls part way and gets stuck between the coil and the side of the machine. I couldn't get my money back because the machine thought it had given me the snack. I banged on the side of the machine but the candy would not budge. I tried sticking my hand up inside but the flap would not let me do this. I banged a few more times, all the while thinking that someone was going to call airport security on me!! Then the guy who was just at the machine came up to see if he could help me. He banged on it too, we even tried rocking the machine but that bag of candy was stuck.

So he said he'd buy something and when his came down it would push mine down with it. So he put in his money and made his choice and his bag of candy hit mine. Mine fell to the bottom but then his got stuck in the same place mine was!!!! We could do nothing but laugh. Again we tried banging but it was stuck there. I offered to pay for his but he wouldn't take the 2 pounds. I was so embarassed!!!

Comments (13)