SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gumper97

What should I collect to go in my new kitchen?

gumper97
16 years ago

We are building a new house, and I'm trying to come up with something to accessorize the new kitchen. We're planning to do off-white cabinets with an antique glaze and a quartz countertop in a medium brown. The walls are BM Wedgwood Grey and adjoin the family room, which is a yellowish tan (can't remember the name right now!) The floors will be dark bamboo. Hardware and lighting are ORB. Our tastes are somewhat traditional with a bit of retro fun thrown in - for example, my dining table is quarter sawn oak with a pedestal base, but I want to get some Arne Jacobsen Ant-type chairs in light blue to go with it. In the past I have collected cream coloured art pottery, Jadeite and pressed glass. We'll have several glass-front cabinets and I would like to start a new collection (perhaps selling off some of the old to finance it :) ) to go with the new kitchen. I still like my art pottery, but it won't stand out against the new cabinet colour. I was thinking maybe yellowware mixing bowls with the blue bands, but am looking for other ideas... I know I should collect what I love, but I love a lot of stuff. :) What would you display if it were you??

Comments (6)