SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dkdollie_gw

Here are photos of pool remodel w/Stonescapes mini Midnight Blue

dkdollie
15 years ago

Our pool and spa remodel are almost complete, so I thought I'd share some pics from start to finish. The prior homeowners built the backyard and wanted everything blindingly white. We loved the clean, Grecian look of everything at first, until we realized that it got so hot in the summertime that you couldn't even walk outside because it was so bright. Then the paint started massively peeling off the wall of the pool and spa, and that evolved into a remodel of the walls, by adding travertine and glass tiles, then refinishing the plaster. We went with Stonescapes mini Midnight Blue, and couldn't be happier. The photos with water are only a few days after being filled, but I already love the variation in color.

Here's a couple of the drained pool and spa with the prior wall structure and peeling paint:

Here's the redesigned pool wall with added pilasters (applied with smooth stucco, as were all of the other landscaping walls on the property), precast concrete caps, travertine tile, and glass tile around the spitters and at the water line (the spa was similarly redesigned):

A view showing the very long steps with glass tiles added as spotters:

The Stonescapes mini process in action:

After application of Stonescapes mini and before acid wash:

Close up of the step detail a couple of days after filling and brushing:

Now a variety of pics showing the colors of the pool and spa depending on where the sun is:

First, the pool with no sun (this is in the morning, we get lots of direct sun after about 1 p.m.). I should note that all of these pics are within 4-5 days of the pool being filled, so I imagine the color may be even richer in a couple of weeks.

Now the pool with the sun starting to come over it:

The pool in full afternoon sun:

The spa in late morning:

The spa with sun over it (this is my favorite color with the spitter going and the ripple effect):

We really, really love it so far. Now it matches our interior style much better and is much more comfortable. To finish, we need to find a couple of decorative brass uplights for the pool pilasters, and some type of simple medallions to go over where the copper pipes are currently coming out of the middle of the diamonds made of glass tile (those are the spitters). Then of course, we need to re-work some of the landscaping and finish the outdoor room and barbeque that are still in progress, but that's another story . . . . .

Thanks for advice I received on here over the past couple of weeks about the Stonescapes finish, it certainly helped answer many questions for a total pool novice!

Comments (6)