SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulguy

Seeking prayers for family of deceased friend

joyfulguy
12 years ago

About a month ago I went to visit a friend, a few years younger than I, to discuss some details regarding her income tax return. She was looking somewhat less well than usual. Her daughter had come from Vancouver to visit and told me that they'd found multiple cancers in her mom and that she had only a short span of life remaining.

I went to visit her in palliative care ward about ten days ago and she passed from this life late last week.

We've been friends for over 40 years - one of her younger sons rode on a school bus that I drove, quite a number of years ago.

Their older son lives with partner in Toronto, no children and their older daughter has a partner in Vancouver, no children.

Their two somewhat younger sons live with their wives in a nearby city and have two young daughters, each.

When their father died, about seven years ago - and it doesn't seem that long - they'd asked me to take his funeral. He told me once that he thought that I was his best friend.

Now, they've asked me to take their mother's funeral tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon. I've been discussing the circumstances with them, and have been making preparations this afternon.

So I ask that you send some good thoughts and a few prayers on their behalf, if you would, please.

ole joyful

Comments (29)