SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
k8orlando2

LOTTO - February 2012

K8Orlando
12 years ago

Thank you for joining in the lotto!

We have had great participation in the first lotto of 2012 and I hope we can continue it this month. I think you'll like this block; it's a good opportunity to use some things out of your stash but you can easily do three blocks with just a couple fat quarters and a beige too, so the cost won't be high even if you don't have much fabric built up yet. It's fast and easy with just a couple half square triangles. When you put a few of these blocks together they form a wonderful, bold secondary pattern; I'm sure it will make a really attractive quilt.

All we need are at least 12 blocks each month to make enough for a wallhanging, baby quilt, lap quilt, donation quilt or even a doggy bed! 12 blocks can even be the center of a much larger quilt; just add borders until you get the size you need. I will guarantee to make 3 blocks each month but you all will have to do the rest.

This lotto is open to all and new quilters are encouraged to participate. You will learn much and have fun doing it. Participate in as many or as few lottos as you want, but even if you don't like the current month's block think about doing at least one. The winner will appreciate your efforts!

Here's the drill:

> each month there will be a designated block or theme

> you can send 1, 2 or 3 blocks

> all blocks must measure 12.5inches x 12.5inches

> with your blocks include name, mailing address, forum name and $1 to cover postage for the winning blocks(Any money left over at the end of the year will go towards prizes!)

> all blocks received by the last day of the month will be included in the lotto drawing

> you will have 1, 2 or 3 chances to win, depending on how many blocks you've sent in

> we have a clever way of choosing the winner, with a couple different quilters involved, to keep it fair

February 2012

For February, the block will be Contrary Wife. Use the link below or go to Quilterscache.com for instructions. We don't have a particular color theme this month, but try to use a deep color in a small print along with a more pronounced print in a complimentary color; the background should be beige (tonal, tone on tone, small print, marble, muslin, etc). No juvenile or novelty prints. Please use all cotton fabric, with nicely pressed 1/4 inch seams.

I've attached pictures of the three blocks I made for this one.

Don't hesitate to ask questions or make suggestions. This is YOUR lotto!

Kate

This shows the three blocks and one way to set them together to get an interesting secondary pattern. You could also do diagonal stripes or zig zags. (Sorry the photos are a little fuzzy! Looks like I needed better light!)

{{gwi:2028334}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Contrary Wife

Comments (90)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz