SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shweri

Need help w/ PebbleTec/PebbleSheen color dilemma

shweri
12 years ago

Agonizing over 4 colors 2 Pebble Tec and 2 Pebble Sheen (no one has been able to say which is actually better - and they cost the same). Will the equivalent colors look different in tec/sheen? I'm about to put in a small-free-form pool with landscaping around it (3' - 7' deep).

Am stuck between Pebble Tec Midnight Blue and Emerald Bay (can find very few photos though so am about to rule it out just b/c I can't get a good feel for what it looks like) PLUS Pebble Sheen Ocean Blue or Turtle Bay. I like the darker colors. Though a little part of me wonders if they will hurt resale value b/c some people say these colors look like "moats" when it's not sunny.

I've noticed on forums, no one on these forums ever regreats Midnight Blue. Even though people say the blue fades with chlorine. Is Ocean Blue as nice? Or nicer, as it has shells in formula? Does it fade? Do people regret Emerald Bay or Turtle Bay? Can I mix Midnight Blue and Emerald Bay? (I don't want no green, but I don't want no blue either. I'd like both!)

Apparently Pebble Tec pools aren't common in the Boston area, and they have yet to find me one to look at (in any color). I'm contemplating giving up and going with plaster.

Anyone have advice or photos of these colors (Esp. Emerald Bay and Ocean Blue -- but I'd welcome ANY photos in any lighting)? Is the pool heating up b/c dark colors an issue in the Northeast? Do the colors look different here b/c of sun positioning? Most pictures seem to be from TX/CA area. Any advice at all would be helpful!

Thanks!

Comments (13)