SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_6061818

Is this over the top or what???or How to Lose a Sale

User
15 years ago

I have posted a couple of questions in regards to my friends emergency reno here and I just can't believe something that transpired with a granite fabricator.

We had visited a fabricator and she was pretty sold on a piece that I had tried to get identified here with just a description(I know pretty much impossible). The reason is because the saleswoman said she didn't know the name.

Subsequently we went to another yard and found a sample that was called Saturnia but they didn't have any slabs in their yard but we could go to their supplier and check them out.

But they would work up a price and get that to her in the meantime. This company comes highly recommended as being perfectionists, a pretty desirable characteristic for a granite install, i think.

So she also sent her final layout planned to the first yard we went to along with specifically asking for the name of the stone, was it granite or some other type of stone and to give her a final price.

Today we went to check the Saturnia slabs and they were gorgeous, and for those who want to know they come from Italy.

On the way there I asked her if she heard back from the first fabricator. She had and this is what it said:

We can not give you the name of the stone. If you want to come back in and speak further to the owner about this you can.

No mention if it was granite, no granite name and no new adjusted price!

Guess she figured she had already lost the sale so why bother.

Has anyone else been told that they couldn't give them the granite name!!!!

I just couldn't believe it!

Big Red Flag for me and this follows one pretty so-so review so needless to say they will not be getting the job.

I find it even more shocking in this economy!!!!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio