SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamameme_gw

Pinterest updated terms of use (there's a connection here I swear

mamameme
12 years ago

Just saw that Pinterest updated their their terms of use. I haven't studied them but the language in the email is encouraging. They're addressing people's concerns with Pinterest being able to sell content. There was some paranoia from some users about getting sued for copyright infringement by the owners of the original content if Pinterest did that. I always thought that scenario was far fetched (why would Pinterest sell copyrighted material just because one of their users linked to it on their site?) but I can also see why some may have felt that it was a risk. I know others have a beef with Pinterest for other reasons but this one seems to come up a lot lately.

I've seen this topic debated in this very forum so thought I'd share the news with this for those who were holding out on using Pinterest for that reason. I've found Pinterest to be very useful in keeping track of ideas for my current kitchen project. There are other tools but I find Pinterest the quickest and easiest way to keep track of ideas in a visual way.

This is from the email Pinterest sent out followed by a link below to the new terms

"Our original Terms stated that by posting content to Pinterest you grant Pinterest the right for to sell your content. Selling content was never our intention and we removed this from our updated Terms."

At least we know they're listening.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pinterest terms of use

Comment

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!