SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jilltigs

Need SERIOUS help with light gray paint!

jilltigs
11 years ago

I am REALLY struggling with paint in our new house. In our entry and kitchen, there is travertine and the walls in those rooms are painted in B.M. "sail cloth". I don't love this color in all lights, but I am not going to change it (again) since most of the time it goes well with the floor. The family room, dining room, office, and living room all have dark hardwood floors (brazillian cherry stained dark walnut). The "sail cloth" in these rooms looked really peachy/fleshy so I really want a light gray for those rooms. I would like it do be similar depth to the sail cloth. I started having it painted in B.M. "classic gray" and it seems a little light and a little bluish. Revere pewter looks good online, but definitely green and way too dark in real life. I want something light and contemporary, without purple undertones. Perhaps I need a BARELY green undertone for it to look more neutral with a reddish floor? I was considering B.M. "rodeo" and lightening it 50%. Has anyone used this color? ANY help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Comments (6)