SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
azzalea_gw

I knew it was too good to be true

azzalea
14 years ago

and it was! When the delivery guys called me just a few minutes into my 'window' to let me know they'd be at my house to deliver the washer and dryer within 20 minutes.

They were so nice. BUT the dryer cord the store sold me was the WRONG ONE. No matter, said the young one, we usually have some cords on the truck, we'll just use one of ours, and you can take that one back for a refund (a bonus? YES! that sounds good). All would have been fine, IF it weren't a stacked w/d--their cord was only 4' long, the outlet is on the floor--no way anyone's going to make that stretch!

So I have a lovely new washer/dryer, only one of which works because I can't plug the other in, until we somehow find a longer cord and have it installed.

And anyway, what's the deal with appliances NOT coming with cords these days? Isn't that sort of an integral part of making them work? What a gimmick, that after spending hundreds of $$$ on the appliance, you have to kick in another 20 for the cord!

Oh, well, they fit in the spot I have for them, they look pretty, and I"m sure, in a few days or so, they'll both be useable. Have had this house almost 2 years now, and haven't had a w/d all that time. Guess I can manage until we get this sorted out.

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor