SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephmc72_gw

Acupuncture/Abdominal Massage

stephmc72
16 years ago

I'm starting injections next Thursday for my IVF cycle. In conjunction with the treatment, I'm doing acupuncture, which will also include abdominal massage. I had my first massage appt today. It was wierd!!!!

I was worried about it being painful (they told me it might be uncomfortable) but it was kinda relaxing. She told me as I have more treatments and my body loosens up, it should be even more relaxing.

Basically you lay on your back and they massage and poke and press and move around your internal organs, focusing on reproductive organs, but they do address all of them. She said my pulses in some areas were depleted. Whatever that means.

Next week, I start acupuncture with it so I'll have the 1 hour "massage" then a 1 hour acupuncture treatment. Hopefully they'll only have me doing it once a week but it might be twice, we'll see. But I'll do whatever I need to help increase my chances.

I've done acupuncture before with my last IVF but had to stop because it was making me too irritable and uptight. This new acupuncturist I'm going to said that was because they were shifting my energy too quickly and my body was overstimulating.

So has anyone has acupuncture and did it help?

Comments (4)