SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sue_va_gw

update on me...

Sue_va
10 years ago

I have posted about some, well, actually all, of my health problems from time to time, the last problem being a blood clot found in my left lung. I won't go back over all that, but just for a few details.

My GP consulted with a hematologist on my case, and referred me to him. I could not have hoped for better doctors.

After treatment had begun, My GP called me at home one evening, "just to check and see how you are doing." I wasn't home; she left a message, and then she called my DD, "just to check." I've never known of a doctor to do that.

For the past 4 months, I have been to the lab for blood work 14 times. I had to have Lovenox injections into my abdomen. I lost count of those, but for the last ones, I went there 10 days in a row, including Saturdays and Sundays. Remember the old song, The Purple People Eater? That's what my belly looks like. After the docs were assured that my blood levels were good and constant, I had the last injection on Thursday, April 10th. Yippee!

I'm on 2 new meds. Time will tell how that will work. I still have some of the same spinal problems, but so far I am able to manage that. I'm feeling good and actually getting some much needed housework done now.

As for the walker and Alert button, I've made my peace with that, and accepted both. I realized I was not being fair to my DD by complaining about them. By using them, unless she gets a call, she will always know that I am okay; there have been no calls so far.

I wanted to tell you what a great hospital, and doctors, we have. All the nurses and staff are pleasant, kind, and caring and ready to share a joke, or a cookie, or tell me about their children, just as though we were friends or neighbors.

I don't know what these new meds might do, but I have high hopes for them. And now that the weather is improving, I might even be able to get back to driving. Another Yippee!

One more thing about our hospital; no, two actually. The CEO, who has been there for 6 years, is . . . wait for it . . . a female!! Our hospital has been named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals.

And we now have Valet Parking! YIPPEE!

Sue

Comments (12)