SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
collectorguru

Yikes! Now, it's time to update! Help Me, Please GET RID OF THE GOLD!

Design2 girl
5 years ago

So, I have spent January-May working on my son's house, and I just looked around my own house, and it is in dire need of painting. The walls are currently Ben Moore HC-34 Wilmington Tan and boy, are they dark and dated. Ceilings are 1/4 same formula, Trim color is Ben Moore OC-53 which is a bright white. Seemed like such a great idea when the decorator chose the colors back in 2002 when this home was built, but you can imagine how dark and dated I feel at this point.

The whole house needs to be painted, oh lawsy, I don't know if I can even stand to start this process, but I refuse to be defeated! I have a painter scheduled for 9:00 a.m. for the first estimate.

I would like to use Sherwin Williams paint if possible and my intention is to lighten up, brighten up, and get into 2018 with the right-white! I am not interested in grays, and when you see these floors, it will be apparent why I am not wanting to go that direction.

Please hit me with the best choices for great SW "tried and true" white/off white wall colors that will be consistent throughout the foyer, dining room, living room, breakfast room and kitchen and still work with the other elements that will remain in this house.

Here's the living room wall color, the mantle is staying as is and the white built ins on either side will remain.

Here is the foyer, open to the dining and living room, and the gold sconces and mirror will remain.

Gold has Got to GO!

And here is a pic of the tile floor in the kitchen, breakfast room and laundry. It is staying and the cabinets are glazed maple, granite is St. Cecilia. I love a country french kind of feel, and have a lovely collection of flow blue that I want to carry into the breakfast room.

My biggest concern is how a white wall is going to look with the floors. Will that work? The island is painted black with distressed finish. Ugh, not wanting to paint the cabinets at this time. But, I need a white paint choice that will have a bit of warmth without going pink/gray/green in this house.

All suggestions welcome and appreciated in advance.

Comments (1.1K)