SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
slflaherty

Help my boring brick exterior!

slflaherty
11 years ago

Hi everyone!

This is a photo of my house.

The black needs to go. It's just too much. Right now everything from the window trim, to the window sills to the steps to the foundation is painted black. I absolutely hate it! The roof is black, and that won't be changing, but I'm open to the idea of spending my entire summer painting if I have to. However, I'm lost when it comes to colour selection. I think I'd like to paint the window trim white, to match the colour of the windows, but I'm looking for colours for the window sills, columns in the vestibule, foundation and steps and doors. Eventually the vestibule in the front will be opened up and turned back into a porch, but it's not a priority right now. In the meantime I would like it to look nice and blend with the rest of the house. The siding on the vestibule (with the exception of that black section facing the road) is white. I am open to painting the siding on the vestibule, but the siding on the section floor of the house will not be changing.

I feel like my house is so pretty on the inside, and that's just not being reflected in the exterior at all. Please help me ramp up my curb appeal!

Comments (21)