SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

8-14 diet/exercise challenge (a bit early, sorry)

grammyp
17 years ago

Ok, we are all off to a good start. We should be in the habit of moving an extra 30 minutes daily, and we should have cut out one of our junk foods and replaced it with water (or flavored water, but not soda). This week we will work on our diet again. We need to each take a good long look at our daily lives and when we eat meals, snacks, and extra junk foods. Having regularly scheduled "feedings" can make diet management much easier to live with. Melinda has a nice schedule:

Breakfast: 200 calories

Lunch: 500 calories

Dinner: 300 calories

Two - three between meal healthy snacks: 200 calories total

These are estimates, and can be adjusted to meet your personal needs (like for those who may work nights). 1200 calories is the basic level for weight loss, if you are not trying to lose weight you probably can have 1500.

The whole point is by having a regular schedule you know you will eat in just a little while (like every 3 hours) and will be able to control your extra snacks and will actually not get hungry because your blood sugar will stay level. I think if we work on having a regular eating schedule it will naturally lead to controling how much we eat.

I will be gone next week, but if I can find some internet I will be checking in from time to time. Everyone take care and work on your schedules.

beverly

Comments (8)