SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poolenvy

Caribbean Blue StoneScape pool leaves me feeling Blue

PoolEnvy
10 years ago

Hi - I just completed a pool remodel - replastered pool and used StoneScape finish. We selected Caribbean Blue based on the light blue color that would look good in our backyard. Our issue is that the walls and the sides to the steps are brown...and on the stairs there are brown patches as well.

The pool installer of course says that's normal - but even the pool cleaner said he asked about it because it just doesn't look right.

I've since found out, it took several days to fill the pool since we were not home and the installer had to manage the fill. Once it was filled, it took him 'several' days to start running the filter - meaning the pool sat. We live in a windy, sandy part of town...so my thought is the sand collected and imbedded into the surface.

He's talked about an acid wash, but I also heard this will damage the plaster - so I'm not in favor of that.

Questions -

1. is that blotchiness normal?
2. Did taking too long to fill coupled with no filtering cause sand to stick before it was cured?
3. Does Acid damage the plaster or do I need to sue him to have him replace the entire surface?

Thanks for any help you can provide. Hard to show in pictures, but i'll attach a few. Best way to describe it really is that it looks like its blue with dirt - but the dirt won't come up.

HELP!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting