SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jillianrose_gw

Hi Everyone

jillianrose
14 years ago

Ive been a member for awhile, usually just read and enjoy your topics. I'm feeling in need of some friends and would like to get to know you.

jillianrose

Comments (32)

• Marilyn Sue McClintock
    14 years ago

Welcome Jillanrose. I live in central Indiana, we have four grown childen and one grown granddaughter. We have several grandpups and here at home we have one spoiled red Pomeranian named Izzi. I like to sew, read and bake. I know you will enjoy it here and have lots of friends. I am glad you posted.

Sue

• cmama
    14 years ago

Hi, Jilliannrose,

I am pretty new at this site. I am a retired teacher who still tutors part-time at a community college. I live in Arizona but spend some summers in Colorado where I moved from. I have 2 daughters, 4 step-children and we have 8 grandchildren between us. I love to bake, crochet and have taken up golf and mah jongg. Welcome.
    Carol

• Related Discussions

Hi everyone, I’m posting again, hoping to get more input.

Q

Comments (13)
    Sorry for not getting back, just looked at this post. The more I play with this kitchen, the more I agree with the architects vision of leaving the range on the pantry/laundry wall. @mammagoose, how long do you suggest for the range wall? it is currently drawn 8’6”. As far as the bathroom, yeah DH wants it left there, as per architect’s design. I definetly prefer a square shape island but just havent figured out how to make software behave the way, I want it to. Lol Here are a few ideas that I have contemplated:
    ...See More

Hi Everyone...weed identification

Q

Comments (2)
    It helps to know where you live to rule out some weeds, and it helps to know what kind of grass you have to recommend the best herbicide.
    ...See More

Hi everyone need help with tiling problems please!

Q

Comments (2)
    There’s nothing he could have done differently. Not sure where in the bathroom this is, but unless it’s necessary to go all the way to the ceiling it would have been better to go maybe 2/3 of the way and paint above that. Might want to consider removing the upper portion of tile since it’s not grouted yet. The uneven ceiling will be much less noticeable that way, especially if you paint the walls and ceiling the same color.
    ...See More

Hi Everyone! Do you have your fall garden started yet?

Q

Comments (4)
    Carol, I'm going to try some greens this fall, but I don't have enough sun for much else. I had a community garden bed, but I guess I wasn't working on cleaning and planting fast enough for them, and they kept bugging me about it, so I just gave it up. I don't have time for control freaks in my life jstropic Well, we're getting the rain now, at least here in Gainesville. Like every year, when the rain comes, I'm both happy and aggravated. We Florida gardeners are a strange lot. We pray for rain, then curse it. In the summer, we can't wait for fall and in winter, we can't wait for spring. But through it all, we get to garden year-around, so not so bad.
    ...See More
  • phyllis__mn
    14 years ago

Hey, come on in........

Phyllis

• jillianrose
    Original Author
    14 years ago

You've made me feel so welcome..Thank You! So glad to meet you and hear where you are from and about your lives.

I live near the eastern panhandle of West Virginia. I have mountains behind me, the river across from me. 2 grown children age 30 and 34. 2 grandaughters age 3 and 1. I have a very big dog, 2 cats. We grow and sell produce at a little market thats in the family.

I'm going to love it here! Thanks for sharing.

jillianrose

• lydia1959
    14 years ago

A big welcome from Missouri!
    I live with my husband, 2 cats and a dog. 21 year old DD is off at college.

You'll enjoy it here!!

• loggerbaby123
    14 years ago

welcome to the kt....usually i miss these sorts of posts. i live in ny (not the city). i love cooking, not great at baking lol, love animals of all kinds..but at the current time my abode is barely big enough for me.so pull up a chair and join us, everyone here are really really nice people! lots of love, laughter and tears...and the humor..well lets just say it will put a great spin on your day!!!

• kathleenca
    14 years ago

Hi jillianrose,

I hope you will enjoy the KT as much as I do. I try to at least scan it every day. I think everyone here is warm & welcoming.

I live in southern California. My husband has been retired about 8 years & I just retired. We have 2 dogs & a grouchy, vocal cat.

• dotmom
    14 years ago

Hello. Jillianrose (What a pretty name) from No. Minnesota. I'm married almost 56 yrs. 3 kids, one deceased, 10 gr.kids and 10 gr gr kids, and one kitty. Your location sounds ideal. I love mountains, we used to live in the Rockies in MT. Welcome and I hope to read your posts often.Dottie

• matti5
    14 years ago

Hi Jillianrose,Welcome to the KT! I live in Northern CA, married with 2 boys who are in their late 20's. My oldest is getting married next April. I finally get a daughter!!
    Have a great day and Welcome!

• patti43
    14 years ago

Welcome Jillianrose, from sunny Florida. Harry (my DH) and I got lost and ended up in West Virginia once on vacation and it was so pretty we decided to stay lost for a while! I remember a LOT of tunnels ;0

Hope you like to talk and enjoy it here!!

• gramzeeinmd
    14 years ago

Hello Jullianrose
    I am from Maryland, married for 10.5 years for the second time around with three grown children of my own,
    2 step children and 2 wonderful grandchildren. I am right at the moment a stay at home wife/mother/grandmother,
    my oldest is living at home with my 2 grandchildren so I basically try to do it all. We have one dog and 2 cats plus
    the little ones just got some goldfish.
    Welcome to the Kitchen Table and I hope to see you very often.
    Again, welcome ;-)
    Deb

• jamielovescoffee__az
    14 years ago

Hi Jullianrose,

I'm a long time member but haven't been at "the table" for quite some time. I live in NW Phoenix. I have two teenage duaghters, have been married almost 24 years and we have 2 cats, 2 dogs and a bunny. I'm a SAHM but keep pretty busy with volunteering. My older DD is a drummer in her high school band, and my younger DD is a dancer--that alone keeps me pretty busy. My dad and step mother live here in town but they also spend a good deal of time in Colorado when the weather gets too hot!

Maybe we can get together for coffee sometime.

• jamielovescoffee__az
    14 years ago

OOOPS!!!! I'm so sorry Jillianrose--I was responding as if you were the poster from Phoenix. But you're not! I guess that makes us getting together for coffee out of the question LOL. Welcome to the KT. You will find great company here.

Cmama, what part of Phoenix do you live in?

• sheilajoyce_gw
    14 years ago

Hi and welcome, Jillianrose. I live in coastal Southern California, have 3 kids in their 30s and two grandsons age 3 years 4 months and 6 months. Two of my kids live in west Los Angeles and the youngest lives in Brooklyn. In our early married years, we lived in Bethesda, Md.

• jillianrose
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh my goodness, you gals have made my day!! I was feeling lonely because a few internet pals that I've had for years just seem distant lately. So I decided to move on and form new friendships. You are all lovely ladies and reading about your lives is so nice. We are from all over this United States! Thanks Again for the warm welcome

I will be checking in everyday
    jillianrose

• patti43
    14 years ago

Hey, jamielovescoffee, good to see you post again. Hope all's well with you! Don't be a stranger, okay?

• Georgysmom
    14 years ago

Welcome Jillianrose. Dottie here. I live in Va. Four grown kids scattered about. I live with my DH and a six month old goldendoodle. Love golf, bridge, reading, sometimes crocheting and cooking.

• socks
    14 years ago

Great, Jillianrose! This is one of the friendliest places you can be. I'm in California, kids are grown, and I work part-time at a school.

• JennaVaNowSC
    14 years ago

Welcome Jillianrose, I live in central Virginia. DH and I are retired two years, I just turned 60 last week. Love retirement!! I have 4 grown kids, 7 grands. Two spoiled rotten four legged kids. Main hobby is reading, but i love decorating (not very good, just like it. :) ). I am doing a lot of landscaping and plan to put in a small veggie garden this year. WVA is beautiful, i have one son in law from there.
    Glad you joined us!

• kacram
    14 years ago

Hi from central western Washington! I'm married, work
    part time, have one son in college, Dory the wonder dog...
    and DO NOT listen to any stories about me from the
    yahoos here.. they FIB! I AM harmless!

lol

• linda_in_iowa
    14 years ago

Welcome Jillianrose. I live in the center of Iowa but I am a California transplant. I have been in Iowa 4.5 years and survived 5 Iowa winters. I am retired and love Iowa. I have a Lab-mix and 3 cats to keep me company. My DS is grown. I keep busy with volunteering, quilting and am on the Board of Trustees at my church. Iowa State women's basketball games get me through the winters.

• nola_anne
    14 years ago

hello jillianrose...I like your user name! Pretty!

I am 63 yr. old, live in No. Ohio,have two grown sons, both married - one has children and the youngest and his wife are expecting in Oct.

I am married to my teenage sweetheart, live on the outskirts of town on 3 acres semi-wooded. I have 5 cats (all strays) and a lab mix dog who is 11 yr. old.

I like to flea mkt, garage sale shop, thrift stores, dabble in watercolor art, create aceo art trading cards, and try not to do anymore than I have to as fibromyalgia or whatever it is I have besides laziness upsets my apple cart and I ain't the same for 2-3 days later!

You'll love it here...these people are wonderful confidantes, friends, helpers, cheerleaders, etc....anything you'll need on any given day.

I haven't read about you yet, I'll check back and see 'who' you are!

WELCOME,

nola anne

• lindaohnowga
    14 years ago

A warm Georgia welcome to you, Jillianrose from Fayetteville, GA which is about 20 miles south of Atlanta. Friends call me "Linners" since so many gals are named Linda. I'm a retired elementary teacher. Hubby and I will be married 40 years this coming June. We have one daughter and I lovingly call her hubby my "other daughter". It's a joke between us. We have 5 grandkids and 6 greatgrandkids, all live in Michigan. Our 88 pound dog lets us live here. LOL We also have 5 cats. My time is spent crafting for my family and friends.

• susie53_gw
    14 years ago

Welcome to the KT... There are so many nice people here with help on almost any thing you want to know.. just ask away. I am sure you have lots to offer all of us, too.

I live in central Indiana with my hubby of 42 years. We have 3 grown children and 8 grandkids. Lucky for us they all live within 35 minutes from us. I enjoy sewing, crafting, working in my flowerbeds and spending time with family and friends..

We have a home in the southern part of our state that we enjoy going to with family and friends..It is just a quite little getaway..

Again, welcome and come on back for a chat or two..

Susie

• cmama
    14 years ago

Hi, jamielovescoffee,

I live in Sun City West. How about you? I also go to Colorado when it is too hot here.
    Carol

• williamsburgjane
    14 years ago

Hi Jillianrose, I am another gal from VA. I have 2 grown daughters, a granddaughter, just engaged, a grandson and a greatgrandson. My hubby and I are both retired. But stay really busy. :o) Welcome to the KT.

• sue_va
    14 years ago

Welcome from the Beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia.

I'm one of the oldsters here. I live in a Retirement Community where I can see the mountains right to the East.

I'm widowed, though I dislike that word; I have a son and a daughter, 3 grands, and 4 great grands, and a cat.

You've come to the right place, so sit a spell and chat away!

Sue

• jillianrose
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here I am bright and early, coffee in hand reading more about all of you. So nice to wake to more warm welcomes. Love reading about your hobbies, pets, family and all the things you love. I have family in VA and my son lives in MD. Last fall husband and I drove the skyline drive. Oh was it beautiful! We saw a bear cub, it ran out in front of us. You have to drive slow there because of all the wildlife. We dont get away much as the market is open May to Nov. Day trips are usually what we take, but I'd love to see some of the many states that you are all from. I'm 56 and husband is 62, retired just making some extra cash running the market. Well, I cant wait to start posting more. You are a lovely group.

jillianrose

• ronf_gw
    14 years ago

Good morning, jillianrose,

The ladies here are kind enough to let a few guys participate. (As long as we behave ourselves.) I'm not here much this time of year. I have a landscape maintenance business and my brother owns a greenhouse where I help also. My wife posts here occasionally under the name bigbay. We have 5 kids, ages 28 to 16, and one 5 year old granddaughter. We live in southeastern Minnesota, not far from Rochester.

Ron

• jillianrose
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Guys and Girls alike......Thanks for the warm welcome!

jillianrose

• juellie1962
    14 years ago

Hi Jillianrose - I'm from Wisconsin. Have 2 grown kids (one expecting our first granddaughter any day!) I haven't been around here long, but it sure is a nice place to come to each day.

• trishaw
    14 years ago

Welcome!

I am from South Carolina, the North Western part of the state. I can spit and hit NC. I am married with three kids, 23,almost 21, and 18. My baby graduates from high school next month. I work seasonally for a garden center here in my little town. I am also a Rosarian with over 200 roses in my yard. I love to cross stitch and read. My DH is a computer game freak. Mostly a Star Trek online game, I don't understand it so I just smile and nod my head a lot. Our family room is where we hang out so at least we are together! We moved here from California about 7 years ago and love it. My next "trip" will be to the coast. I have yet to see the Atlantic Ocean.

So nice to have you here. Pull up a chair and we will share our chocolate with you. Beware, there are some amazing cooks on this board-

Trish