SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cefreeman_gw

Does something have to hit you just right?

CEFreeman
13 years ago

I have a problem.

When I pick something, it takes me FOREVER. Really sometimes years. I hate to pick things in a rush, because it really, really has to hit me just right.
I haven't picked any hardware for my cabinets yet. 2 Bathroom, MBR, or Kitchen. It has to speak to me.

No molding or trim yet, It must hit me just right. (Plus, I haven't started dreaming about that yet.)

Siding? Thank goodness it was donated, but I'm trying to figure out how to paint it the colors I got from stopping at someone's house. I would park across the street from them and just STARE at the color. Siding Stalking.

I haven't painted any rooms yet, even the ready parts of the house, because a color must suck me in. I have painted my kitchen cabinets. They're the color of the siding I loved. See above.

Curtains? Please. (I have carved Indian and Indonesian screens on my front windows right now.)

Furniture? Let alone the fact I must save like there's no tomorrow, (huh?) the lines of the piece must just old me captive.

I hunted for curtain material once. Months. Walked into another fabric store, turned a corner and my eyes flew to this tiny bit of a roll sticking out from something else, and I KNEW. I'd found it. The same an hour later. I found the sheer fabric I wanted to go under them. It was instant and perfect. Nothing else was even, "well, maybe".

Same with my red, Koehler farm sink. I saw it and everything else was absolutely substandard and not for me.

I'd rather wait years to find what I absolutely love than settle. I lived with the Good-Enough-For-Now man for 18 years, and in House-of-Good-Enough-For-Now (Or maybe it's I'll-Get-It-Later) since 2002. No more settling.

Do you have a problem like this?

Christine

Comments (19)