SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jopopsy

Count me among those that hit/ran something over w/ a foot hydro

jopopsy
17 years ago

Well, yesterday I joined the ever-growning ranks of those that got used to manual trannys or lever controlled hyrdos and promptly hit something !!!

I've been tooling around w/ my X304 for a few months now. Thought I had it down to second nature. Had the cruise on and was cutting something close to the house. Suddenly I realized that I needed to stop. Unfortunatly for me, I went into brain freeze. You see, the cruise will stop if you tap the forward-hydro (give it more gas) or slam the break. My tractor has 4 pedals. In the 3 seconds of brain feeze I plunked right into my front porch steps on an angle. DOH !!!!

On a good note, there doesn't appear to be any damage to the rig at all, and I continued mowing (albeit not so merrily now) the rest of the yard. I've been staring at the front end (festering on it truth be told) for days now, but cannot discern any bends or misalignment.

Damn sturdy rig that X304 seems to be. Glad I got that heavier duty frame now !!!!

For all those that posted about running things over/through or into, I very shamefully join you.

:P

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer
More Discussions