SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cathrugg

Bathroom Double Sinks/Little Bit O/T

cathrugg
16 years ago

This might not be considered decorating related but to me it is!

We currently have a double sink in our master bath. The width of the vanity is only 48 inches so we have almost exactly enough room to fit a soap dispenser and a toothbrush holder in the middle between the sinks and not much else on either side.

I haven't been able to find a double wide sink for a 48 inch vanity so ours must have been custom made (cheap builder grade quality counter). All of the ones I have found for 49 inches have been single center sinks.

Since we have been discussing replacing the counter, I think I'd rather only have one sink and use the other "sink area" as a place to put a vase of flowers or a candle. Right now the left sink holds my unplugged hairdryer as there is nowhere else to put it down!

Sooooo, in order to do the one sink with the current plumbing set up, we'd have to special order a 49in. counter with only the right sink and cap off the left hand plumbing.

Does anyone see any downside of going from 2 sinks to 1? I thought I'd love having a doublesink but honestly probably only turned on the left hand one maybe twice in 3 1/2 years?

Thanks,

Cathrugg

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living