SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

crown and curtain rod. . . not lining up!

User
15 years ago

I have a little problem. A very noticeable one at that. . .

We had crown installed in the LR and kitchen/DR last week. Touchups were finished over the weekend and I attempted to get the drapes back up last night. I took the brackets out of the wall before the installer came because it looked like I was going to need to move them down and I didn't know if they'd be in the way. Turns out I probably can use the same holes (I think from a distance the rod should sit just under the crown and this is how I want it.) but now I'm faced with the rod not hanging straight! I can see it in this pic and see in IRL and knew it when it was first done that the rod wasn't straight. I have that sucker stretched to the max and it needs to be to reach the length I want. Put it back up last night and if you look at the middle bracket, everything to the right looked ok and everything to the left under the crown was just crooked/dropped down. Can I fix the problem by just raising the left bracket up a bit? There's a little room yet. I remember someone mentioning use a dowel rod for support. Would that work? How thick would it need to be. The other problem I'm having is I got a little crazy drilling originally and the hole was too big. Point of story, the anchor wasn't staying in the wall (last night) so I was going out today to buy larger ones. That bracket was pulling out of the wall last night. When I postioned it where it was suppose to be it looked better but you can see in the below pic everything was attached properly and it's still bowed. So what I'm getting at is I'm not sure if just anchoring it to the wall properly will make the difference since it didn't before.

I'm sooo sick of drilling holes in this wall from curtains! It's starting to look like swiss cheese. Yes, I know patch em. It still looks like an armature patch job and I know they're there.

The rod stays. Somehow I need to make it work. What are your suggestions?

*This is an old pic, have a different table in front of the window and of course you can see the crown isn't up. Ceilings are 8' and we installed 3 5/8" white crown.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (7)