SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lyfb

Thinking of a Pool - Existing Crepe Myrtle

Lil B
11 years ago

I used the Home Construction board heavily 2-3 years ago when we constructed our home. Such help here. We now have a 2 year old, and are thinking that a pool would be nice. We had a company come over yesterday to start the initial design phase. We don't want to get in a hurry, so realistically this may not happen until winter.

We have a grouping of HUGE crepe myrtles in our yard (fushcia blooms). We would like to keep them. We live in an old neighborhood, so the crepe myrtles are probably 50+ years old. We have worked our backyard landscape around them when we built our home.

The Pool Designer that came said she couldn't say anymore but that the trees had a 50/50 chance of surviving the pool build and if we were concerned to hire an arborist. (we used one before when we built our house for a different issue). She also said several times that the trees would be such a mess for our pool. She advised a darker color bottom....which is fine for us. We are wanting a straight edge/geometric pool to fit with our Spanish style home.

The proposed pool would start about where the tree ends.

I think we are more committed to saving the crepe myrtles than building a pool.

Looking for people to tell me any words advice. Should we even go down this road.

Our home is NOT for sale, despite my username...I created a login LONG time ago, when we were selling a home! :)

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville