SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
xoxosmom_gw

Culligan is the only local option. Yay/nay and lots of ???

xoxosmom
16 years ago

Hi, We are building a new home with city water. I don't even know if what I want is possible/worthwhile. Our water is very hard and has high iron (I haven't had it tested as of yet but will before purchasing a unit).

I would prefer a whole house filtration system. I would like to be able to turn on the tap and drink the water. Does the type of system I want exist? If I buy a system to take care of the hard water/iron will it be drinkable?

We only have one local h2o treatment company, which is Culligan. Kinetco is available but the serviceman/office is 2 hours away. EWS system is 3 hours away with no systems in our town that I know of.

I have looked at each of their websites and if $ and location wasn't a issue, my top pick would be EWS. But I know nothing about water except that we have a Culligan water softener in our current house and they have been courteous and available when I have had a problem.

Any advice would be very much appreciated. I don't know how to proceed. Our builder thinks we should go down to Sears buy a softener and call it a day.

Comments (2)