SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
olemissrebel_gw

Sheer Descent Options

olemissrebel
16 years ago

I am currently in the build stage. Our original contract called for a 4' Sheer Descent on a middle 2' high tier wall. After gunite forming, we thought about adding two 3' sheer descents on either side of the higher middle wall. It would complement the wall and make it even more attractive. After talking to the PB, he quoted us a price of roughly $3400 to add the two 3' sheer descents. This included upgrading the pump to a higher horsepower (the contract originally called for a 1.5 hp to circulate the pool as well as run the 4' sheer descent). Is this not outrageous, or am I overlooking cost of materials, overhead, profit, etc.? I would think that it would be more cost effective(from my perspective) to add a booster pump to the pool equipment that could run all of the sheer descents, while the 1.5hp could run the rest of the pool.

Any suggestions/alternative options? Should I ask the PB about the booster pump option? I am seriously considering ordering the booster pump on my own, as well as the additional sheer descents and doing the work myself.

Comments (15)