SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16331601

new to this forum...need to replace pool liner

User
13 years ago

I have never posted here before. Our pool was built by a previous owner in the 80's. This is a 25,000 gal pool. It has a liner that was replaced about 12 yrs ago. It has just developed a tear at two corners. We will need someone to replace it as we can't do that kind of work.

I looked up replacement liners and now have a lot of questions. I see that they come in different mils. What should we look for ? 20-30 seems standard...

Algae and fungicide protection built in ?

Coping replaced ?

Foam padding on the pool walls ?

We also are thinking of having the decking replaced as it is the original concrete with the wood spacers still in place and they have deteriorated and I would really like a new and pretty deck. What should I look for and where could I see pics of different types ?

We are in Opelika AL and our winters have gotten increasingly cold , regularly have weeks of 20 degrees. We also have a walled garden around the pool and the summers have gotten hotter and it is 120 for many days in the summer. How does this affect what decking and liner we get ?

I am sorry to ask so many questions on my first visit :) Thank you for any help and advice you can give. Caroline

Here is a pic from a couple years ago:

Comments (6)