SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cathy404593

pool coping replacement question-HELP!!!

cathy404593
16 years ago

I have a 30 yr. old inground pool. The coping is white, cracked in spots, & old. The liner is held in place by a liner lock. There is concrete around the pool but no pavers, just old concrete from the '70's.

Is there anyway to replace this coping without digging/jackhammering up the concrete?

My pool guy says no. I had him out today, to give me a quote on a new liner and coping.

He says I have two other choices, if I don't want the expense of digging up concrete to replace the coping.

1.) I could replace my liner using the existing coping, but that eventually the liner might come out and I'd have to keep putting it back in like I do with my current liner.

2.) Or, I could put a new flat coping (I think he said made by Kafko), bolted under the current coping, which the new liner would lock into. This would be guaranteed, and the liner would not come out of the coping.

However, the old ugly white (cracked in some spots) coping would still be there, between the concrete and the new coping.

Does this sound right?

He insists that the old coping can not be removed without extensive work (and cost).

His company is very reputable, but still I am leary....

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath