SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mark_the_red

Pentair Quad DE or Hayward Pro Grid

mark_the_red
14 years ago

Hello All,

Long time reader, first time poster. What filter should I go with Pentair Quad DE or Hayward Pro Grid, and why? I have a brand new 1.5 HP Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro pump. I live in an established big-messy-tree neighborhood where my current sand filter is not cutting the mustard.

From what I have read, I am leaning towards the Pentair Quad DE because the cartidges seem more robust than the Haywards. However, my NEW pool guy says this Pentair filter is terrible and that I use the indusry standard Pro Grid Hayward. Money is no object here.

Normally I would trust the pool guys judgment, but the previous pool guy installed a cheap 1.5" Hayward RD600T sand filter into my 2" plumbed pool and charged me up the rear for it. I was busy rebuilding my house and myself being from Canada knew next to nothing about pool equipment so I foolishly trusted him. You should see the 1.5" / 2" reducer wobble when the pump is on. :(

Not to be disrespectful to the great pool guys on this forum, but I am now cynical, jaded and highly suspicious of the pool guy "expertise" in the Phoenix area so I am posting this for some outside help / opinions.

THanks for you help.

Comments (18)