SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lybern

Help needed for green water stains!

lybern
14 years ago

We have a deep well and the water has tested acidic and hard. We get green water stains and ruined fixtures. We have both a neutralizer and a softener. We recently redid a bathroom and converted the copper feed pipes to pex. I was sure we wouldn't have any problems until after a few months I noticed green stains on the white caulking in the shower, green drip marks in the white tub that drips a little and water stains on the escutcheon where a body spray dribbled for a while until it was totally drained. We don't know if it is copper or other minerals in the water from the well, minerals or metals being dissolved from plumbing someplace - where there might still be some metal? - or something else that is causing these stains. And why don't our softener and neutralizer help? They have both been checked by the people who installed them and they say they are working OK. Where do we go from here? I don't want to have to redo my bathrooms ever 3 years - is my only option to do green bathrooms just so it blends in!?

Comments (4)