SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mym2222

Good idea to fit 1/2' pipe to 3/4' valve?

mym2222
17 years ago

I am planning on installing a custom shower system. Due to the reason I do not want to switch out my polished brass sink faucets I am having a difficult time in doing this.

1. The Kohler system has a shower head, handheld shower, 2 body sprays, with K670-ks & K672-k 3/4" valves. One plumber said it is ok to fit the 3/4" w/ 1/2" pipe, another plumber and friend said that would diminish the water performance plus it would causes issues down the road. So who is correct?!

If the 3/4" valve with 1/2" pipe does not work I am thinking of getting the Moen 255CGPC, which has 1/2" vlave. The only thing is this system comes in 2 showerheads, handheld shower, 4 body sprays. I will be wasting a lot of money and parts.

Suggestions on which direction I should go?

2. My bathroom is on the third floor. Which has 1st bathroom, 2nd bathroom, laundry room, 3rd bathroom - since it is two floors above the water heater, are there any chance there is a 3/4" pipe on this third floor?

3. One plumber said he would do a GPM test prior to install any system. Four other plumbers did not offer to test, and one of them said he did not know how to test. I would like to hire the one that would test GPM, but he does not work in my area (traffic issue).

Is this test important? How do I test it myself?

I apprecaite your assistance. I am planning to have this install next week and am so confuse with what to go. Believe it or not I started this a year ago and decided on the Delta 1800 Jetted Shower. When I went to place an order last week, the sales person told me a customer just had it installed and did not like it a bit. So this turned everything around for me. I have to get this done next week or the following week is because of my work. This is the third time I had to reschedule this project and my manager is losing his patience!!

Please HELP!!!

Comments (3)