SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jigg_gw

Wall mount faucets for filling deep tub (3/4 inch valve vs. 1/2)

jigg
15 years ago

We are remodeling our bathroom and have decided on a deep soaking tub. We will either choose the 5 ft. Kohler Tea-for-two (almost 14 inches to overflow drain) or a Neptune Bora 60 (almost 18 inches to overflow). It dawned on me that a regular tub faucet might take a lot longer time to fill up the tub. I am trying to find wall mount faucets that put out a lot of water. For those of you that have deep tubs, do you have high flow faucets or have you been fine using regular faucets? Adding to this concern is finding a faucet that will work in our situation- a two person tub in a standard 5'x 32" tub space that is really used by two people and the faucet can only go in one of the end walls. I am looking at the Kohler Laminar spout because it is almost flush with the wall and the bathtub can actually be used by 2 people without worrying about the faucet being in the way or slamming your head into it. The problem is the valve system for it is the standard 1/2" (they have another Laminar that uses a 3/4 inch valve system, but the valves are deck/tub mount only). Another one is the Kohler Souris which is one of those spouts that puts out water like a waterfall. This one can be put as far as 40" above the tub, according to the installation instructions anyway. In other words I am looking for a faucet that can be put in the wall and be out of the way so two people can use the tub. I donÂt really care about brand as long as it is of decent quality. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. I will also submit this in the bathroom forum.

Comments (5)