SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunnycottage_gw

Are you KIDDING me? (A mail order rant ...)

SunnyCottage
12 years ago

Yesterday my new Fiestaware dishes arrived from Kohls.com. I could have gone into a local store and bought them there, but with my busy schedule I thought it would be so much easier to just buy 'em online and have them delivered. Two large boxes showed up on the front porch, and I was so excited to start unpacking everything. I was initially a bit taken aback to see that the individual Fiesta boxed sets were simply sitting inside the two large boxes with only a couple of those inflated air balloon thingies (space fillers) on top. The Fiestaware was packed in the individual boxes with sheets of heavyweight paper between each dish. You can probably guess what I'm about to say: There was a good deal of breakage, and now I have to return/exchange at the store - avoiding a trip being the whole reason behind mail order in the first place.

A week or so ago I received Fiestaware bowls from Amazon.com, and although each bowl did have a thin layer of bubble wrap around it, they too were thrown into a box that was much too large, with no further packing material. I have no idea how some survived, but one was so smashed it was practically dust. Again - had to deal with the whole replacement process online, which was time-consuming.

In selling my old (mismatched) Fiesta dishes, I had to transport them a few miles down the road to deliver to the seller. I took the time to pack them properly (which, believe it or not, entailed using 75 feet of bubble wrap!), but those dishes arrived into the hands of the seller exactly as they left my house. I'm so disgusted with the lack of care demonstrated by Kohls and Amazon, and it just frustrates me that what's supposed to be a time saver becomes more of a headache in having to deal with the aftermath because the seller was careless or clueless (or both).

::sigh:: Just needed to get that off my chest ...

Comments (27)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio