SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
domerjen_gw

1st Attempt at KD... would like review

DomerJen
12 years ago

I've been obsessively reading the forum for a couple of weeks. We're beginning to plan our kitchen reno. Our architect is on the job, but I want to make sure our kitchen is the best it could be.

Right now this is using the existing structure, but moving some doors/windows. The bathroom is stuck where it is. I'm open to suggestions for the rest of the kitchen layout. Water/gas/electric are all able to be moved.

I *really* want an island in lieu of a penninsula, b/c I find that penninsulas have so much extra wasted space w/ the corners. I plan to use the island for prepping on one side and the kids can hang out on the other. I was hoping for a separate cooktop/double oven, but there just doesn't seem to be room w the island.

I'm the only cook in the house. I like to cook and do a lot of baking. I have 2 small kids, who I hope will someday be able to help w/ dishes. ;)

The wall to the left (south side) will eventually be connected w/ a garage most likely. We're planning a big deck for the back of the house (connecting through french doors in the DR.

Our house is a 1924 american four square. I think that's about it...

Comments (5)