SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ollieboy_gw

Design Phase - Pool Specs (Need Input) - New Post

ollieboy
14 years ago

Hi All,

Not to confuse anyone I created a new post to my origional called Design Phase - Pool Specs (Need Input) since we had another firm quote on a pool that was a bit differnt than how the others did with sizing, materials, and equipment.

Here is it: Also on the origional post as input number 23 from Ollieboy.

Well we are still receiving ideas, numbers, and plans and had a pool builder give us a bit of another spin to the others so I wanted to raise the questions to the forum. We have not yet decided what we are doing but since this is different than the others, I figured Id send it to the board for comments. We are curious about this equipment as all others were Jandy products.

The pool itself would be a 14 x 24Â w/ 3 fountain lines on a baja shelf. More of a social pool as it would only be to 5.5 feet or so.

Equipment as follows:

Shotcrete

1 skimmer

Dual Main drain system w/ 3 returns

Standard 6 x 6 waterline tile

Colored concrete coping (we are not sure about this as we want flagstone but they said it would look great with this specific architectural design)

1.5hp pump

Pebbletec (they quoted us pricing for stonescape however they recommend pebble over it due to our applicators in the area).

Pentair clean and clear filter

Polaris 280 with booster pump

Duel time with freze contractol

Aquareite salt sytems

400 w pool light (they said that is the watts they recommend for the shapeÂseems low). We do not like colored lights.

Some Questions:

They are saying that they prefer the pool equipment to be 30 ft from the shallow end and that is at our bedroom which is completely out of the question for us. WeÂd like it run about 100 feet out back off the deep end or at the basement side of the house which goes down the yard a bit. That side is also where the electrical is. Do we have any challenges with that other than cost?

This was a lesser cost option to our original 17 x 32 foot plan w/ Jandy equipment so we are wondering if we have any issues. The design is pretty neat and more like a "dip" water feature. For a 24 x 14 pool, weÂd prefer a "real" deep endÂ.is that too small to get a deep end?

They have in the contract that the landscape will do the drainageÂis that normal?

They suggested that in the middle fountain line they install a urn which we would purchase. Are there certain issues that we should be aware of or certain fountain/urn styles that we should go with given it will sit in a pool and sit in salt water?

This company is more a "boutique" builder however the PM has over 20 years experience (so we are told) and are able to a bit more competitive on pricing and our budget is extremely tight for what we want. Their pricing on pebbletec was more than others but overall the budget was lessÂ.but then again it is a smaller pool with different equipment.

Your thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated. Also if we should ask anything specific to them.

Comment (1)